Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Delhi boys discovered a new asteroid

0 comments

Shubham Sharma and Mayank Sharma are on cloud nine which is still well below the asteroid they have just discovered. The provisional discovery of the asteroid is made by the duo as part of All India Asteroid Search campaign 2012.

Students of standard XII at DAV Centenary School, Paschim Vihar and Astronomy enthusiasts Shubham and Mayank along with 75 other teams comprising two participants each from across the country were given access to exclusive data for three months to spot moving objects which could be Asteroids.

The discovery has been made by the students under the guidance of Science Popularisation Assciation of Communicators and Educators (SPACE) in collaboration with International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC).

Shubham and Mayank's interest developed in Space activities after winning Space Satellite Design contest organised by NASA last year. "Though I want to do computer science engineering from IIT, I have a huge interest in Astronomy and space activities also," says Shubham.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.