Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Soon virus will charge cellphones


Soon in the coming days no one would worry by seeing the discharged battery of their cellphone. As scientists from the University of California have claimed to develop a technique to harness electricity from a  bacteria eating virus to power your mobile phones. The team of scientists at the University of California, Berkeley used the virus, M13 Bacteriophage to replace toxic elements used to charge the cellphone.

All this came to reality because the virus posseses a property known as piezoelectricity, which means it can convert mechanical energy to electrical energy.

Researchers believe the discovery could pave a way for mobile phones that can be charged while one walks and replace the toxic piezoelectric elements already used in mobile phones. Most mobile phone microphones are piezoelectric because they need to convert energy from sound waves into electric output that can be transmitted and then translated back into sound waves at the other end of the line.


Post a Comment

It's all about friendly conversation here at Small Review :) I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.

Because I am absolutely terrible about following through with blog awards, I can't in good conscience accept any more. Thank you very much for thinking of me though!

Spam WILL be deleted. Attacks on myself or other comments WILL be deleted.